The telecommunications industry is rapidly evolving to a world in which objects (devices, equipment, and other assets) are autonomously communicating, transacting, signaling, etc. Arguably this so-called Internet of Things (IoT) market will overtake human communications rapidly as there are vastly more objects in the world than humans, they can communicate much faster, much more frequently, and for many more reasons than humans.
This report provides an evaluation of leading companies and associated solutions within IoT marketplace. Companies included in this study include ARM, Broadcom, Cisco, Freescale, Google, Intel, McAfee, Oracle, PTC, Qualcomm, Samsung, SAP, TE Connectivity, and Texas Instruments. The report also analyzes the IoT ecosystem including critical functions and potential company M&A targets.
This report is an excellent complement to the Mind Commerce report Internet of Things (IoT) and Wireless Networks: Technologies, Business Drivers, and Market Outlook. Inquire about discounts available for procuring both reports together. All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you’re addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
- Companies providing the fundamental building blocks and support infrastructure for IoT are positioned to capitalize the most in the early days of IoT. This group of companies consists of component (hardware, software, and middleware) as well as support solutions (security, privacy, interoperability, and controls).
- There will be many companies/solutions that will emerge in the years 2014 – 2020, which are prior to a large inflection point for IoT, and also represent the formative years for the IoT ecosystem to develop functionality necessary to sustain itself and for sufficient market verticals to adopt automated business practices and related service offerings.
- We see consolidation occurring, both early and late, within the IoT lifecycle and ecosystem. Some of the early players fulfilling critical roles such as Identity Management, will be acquired by much bigger companies very early in the introduction stage.
- The IoT mediation capability is key to the sustainable growth of IoT services as it provides critical functions such as privacy, security, access control, preference control, and more.
- Identify leading IoT companies and their strategies
- Identify critical needs and solutions such as IoT mediation
- Learn why the companies/solutions evaluated are IoT leaders
- Understand why other companies are not included and their future
- Identify potential acquisition targets such as IoT identity management companies
- See how leading companies are positioning themselves within the IoT ecosystem
- Semiconductor companies
- Embedded systems companies
- Application developers and aggregators
- Managed service and middleware companies
- Wireless network operators and service providers
- Data management and predictive analysis companies
- Sensor, presence, location, and detection solution providers
- Internet identity management, privacy, and security companies
- M2M, Internet of Things (IoT), and general telecommunications companies
- Wireless infrastructure (cellular, WiMAX, WiFi, RFID/NFC, and Beacon) providers
- Investors in IoT and/or M2M technologies, infrastructure, solutions, apps and services
Companies in Report:
- TE Connectivity
- Texas Instruments
Tagged: Intelligent Internet, Internet of Everything, Internet of Things, Internet of Things Companies, Internet of Things Leaders, IoT, IoT Applications, IoT Future, IoT Industry Verticals, IoT Solutions, IoT Technologies, IoT Wireless