Developing Markets Expected to Lead Future Demand Growth
The Asia-Pacific region is the largest and fastest growing regional lubricants market worldwide. The region accounted for a share of almost 42% of the global lubricants market in 2012. The Asia-Pacific region is expected to register the highest growth of any region worldwide, to reach 17 million tons, equivalent to a total of 46% of global lubricants consumption of lubricants by 2017, increasing from 15.37 million tons in 2012.
Recently, Shell announced a number of strategic investment plans. On January 15, 2013, a joint venture between Shell and Hyundai Oil Bank announced plans to construct a new Base Oil Manufacturing Plant (BOMP) in Daesan, South Korea. The plant is expected to be operational in the latter half of 2014 and will produce 650 kilo tons of Group II base oils per year. On November 14, 2012, the company announced plans for the construction of a lubricants blending plant in Indonesia with a capacity of 120,000 tons per year, which will produce a range of high quality consumer, transport, industrial and marine lubricants. The plant is aimed at meeting the strong growth in lubricants demand expected in Indonesia.
GBI Research’s report “Lubricants Industry to 2017 – Developing Markets Expected to Lead Future Demand Growth” provides an in-depth analysis of the global lubricant industry and highlights the various concerns, shifting trends and concerns around the globe. The report provides demand forecasts by market and by product in the automotive, industrial and metalworking industries. Key strategies used by various companies to compete in the global market are also included.
Reasons to Buy:
• Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights about the global lubricant industry
• Identify opportunities and challenges in the global lubricant industry
• Understand the regional markets of the lubricant Industry in terms of the demand of lubricant
• Increase future revenues and profitability with the help of insights into the future opportunities and critical success factors in the global lubricant industry
• Benchmark your operations and strategies against the major players in the global lubricant industry