This report analyzes current and potential world markets for key cancer-based molecular diagnostics, including advances in the field. This report forecasts future growth to 2016. Market segments covered include: breast cancer; colon cancer; prostate cancer; non-small cell lung cancer; melanoma; and renal cancer. This report reviews the direction of research, and key issues facing the industry.
Features and benefits
* Identify key innovations in molecular diagnostics for oncology that may compete with those in development at your company.
* Understand the regulatory challenges facing the developers of molecular diagnostics for cancer.
* Understand the challenges that surround successfully commer-cializing a combined drug-diagnostic product and learn how to overcome them.
* Discover and analyze the key technology platforms being used in the development of novel molecular diagnostics.
* Discover the forecast market size for key segments of the cancer diagnostics market including: breast, colorectal, prostate, lung, and renal cancer.
Advances in genomics, proteomics, molecular imaging, and other new technologies are leading to a molecularly based reclassification of malignancy, creating market opportunities for diagnostic companies.
Companion diagnostics – linking drugs with diagnostics – is expected to become the prevailing health care model, offering advantages for both the prescription drug and diagnostics businesses. For diagnostics companies, combining with a successful companion drug can be a powerful driver of sales, especially when required for prescribing a drug.
If government regulatory agencies increase the use of biomarkers and diagnostics in prescribing decisions, it is likely that drug and diagnostics companies will increase their collaboration. New relationships are likely to develop between partners committed to personalized medicine embracing the approach of specialized pharmaceutical firms.
Your key questions answered
* Which of the cancer diagnostic market segments are forecast to grow most rapidly through to 2016 and thus be the most commercially attractive?
* What are the key innovations in molecular diagnostics that are going to drive market growth?
* How can pharma and diagnostic companies work together to successfully develop combined drug and diagnostic products?
* Which companies are developing the most promising technologies?